SUMMARY A senior delivery professional with over 15 years’ experience managing information technology projects, processes, developers and project managers, with the last 13 spent in the financial services industry. Gravitates towards and excels at process development, improvement and oversight. Exceptional listener and communicator with expertise in providing project details to senior business and technology stakeholders, either in writing or verbally. Effectively builds relationships across teams, often in highly matrixed environments, to achieve deliverables on time, on budget and to spec.
Client / Vendor Relations
Teambuilding / Mentoring
SDLC Process Oversight
Jack Henry & Associates, Charlotte, NC 2/15 - Current
Business & Integration Services Senior Development Manager 2/15 - Current
Leading three teams of developers and their managers responsible for enhancing and supporting Jack Henry’s NetTeller Online Banking platform, Electronic Statements Interactive applications, and Host Integration services. Developing new, and enhanced existing, products through partnerships across several areas within Jack Henry, leveraging a mix of agile, waterfall and hybrid methodologies. Accomplishments have included:
· Delivered projects to flesh out a new business service layer, including revamped multi-factor authorization and password strength capabilities.
· Led development efforts to create a new commercial cash management product, including enhancements related to same day ACH origination, real time posting, recurring wires/ACH, international wires, robust activity reporting, ARP/Pos Pay reporting.
· Co-leading effort to automate deployments with Octopus across seven environments & production as part of areas scalable DevOps / Continuous Integration initiative.
· Implemented status and time reporting procedures for area, as well as small work item management, tier two support engagement and defect tracking processes.
· Managing forecasts and budgeting for two cost centers and as many as 20 reports.
Skills & Products Used: Project Management, Status Reporting/Delivery, Vendor Management, Process Development, Client Relations, Service Oriented Architecture & Web Services Technologies; Hyperion; Octopus, Microsoft TFS, SharePoint, Visio, Visual Studio.
Senior Service Delivery Manager, Technical Delivery Manager, Vice President
Bank of America Global Wholesale Banking Technology, Charlotte, NC 11/10 – 2/15
Led delivery efforts for the Payments Services Hub, the strategic payments platform providing core orchestration, enrichment and warehousing services across Bank of America’s Global Corporate & Commercial Banking division. Worked with stakeholders from engagement through planning, design and delivery of strategic objectives, while managing the relationship with FundTech, the vendor responsible for the core PSH functionality. Accomplishments included:
· Established the area’s engagement, service delivery and status reporting processes, while hiring, leading and mentoring a team of technical PMs and analysts charged with ensuring efforts are delivered on time, to spec and within budget.
· Implemented a portfolio tracking SharePoint portal, reports and related management processes to document deliverable estimates, timelines, dependencies and status for on average 50 engagements a month.
· Managed staffing forecasts and finances for as many as 45 resources on three statements of work in four countries, working on as many as 14 concurrent projects.
· Delivered functionality for the multi-year Global Payments Rewrite initiative to retire 10 legacy systems while standing up the target online payment initiation portal.
· Coordinated the initial PSH delivery efforts for the Global Wholesale Model Bank Transformation project, a multi-year effort to remediate and enhance the current international legacy payments platform and infrastructure to an integrated set of global applications to improve stability, increase performance and provide new, advanced payments functionality, including the ability to process large volume, high and low value payment origination files through global clearings.
Message RP Middleware Technical Delivery Manager 11/10 – 3/12
Managed middleware deliverables and timelines for several large international development efforts, including the Global Payments Rewrite project (see above). Inheriting the project over budget, behind schedule and saddled with defects, brought it back to green and a successful conclusion despite head count reduction.
Skills & Products Used: Project Management, Status Reporting/Delivery, Vendor Management and Contract negotiations; Process Development, Client Relations, Needs Assessment, Prototype Design, Service Oriented Architecture & Web Services Technologies; Payments processing, initiation, clearing and settlement; Payment Validation for straight through processing (STP); Payment Enrichment, Method of Payment Selection, Clarity, PMT, Global Pay Plus 4.0; XML Pad Pro, WebSphere Process Server and Application Server; Portfolio Management Tool, MS SharePoint 2007, Project, Visio, Ariba.
Vice President, Project Manager, Program Manager (Consultant 1st year, then FTE)
Wachovia Securities / Wells Fargo Advisors, Charlotte, NC 2/05 – 11/10
Annual Account Fee, Firm Householding
Managed multi-generational enhancement projects and coordinated BAU operations, for the brokerage fee and firm household aggregation processes, which aggregated customer data, assessed waivers and charged fees for accounts across all six sales channels and over one hundred clearing firms. Provided project and program-level status to senior business, risk and technology stakeholders, while working with them to define, manage and implement the MGP. Project accomplishments included:
· Restructured the data and system architecture for the fee process, giving stakeholders the ability to adjust fees, waivers, and price adjustments by sales channel, branch, customer profile and product type.
· Expanded the charge population from 3 million accounts in 3 sales channels in 2005 to over 10 million in all 6 channels in 2011.
· Created a set of revenue projection reports that accurately predicts the accounts to be charged and revenue for the upcoming year during the six months prior to charging.
· Coordinated three projects to enhance the companies’ household account aggregation process and convert related data during the AG Edwards merger.
· Managed six conversion projects involving 12 teams, including a project to convert 10 applications and migrate data to the new combined general ledger system.
Skills & Products Used: Project Management, Status Reporting/Delivery, Business Analysis, Relationship Management, Process Management, Data Architecture and Conversion, Data Quality and Integration, Building, testing and implementing against Operational Data Stores (ODS), MS SharePoint, Beta TTS Backoffice, PICCT Change Management Tool, HP Test Director / Quality Center, SQL, Oracle 9i, 10g, DB2, Rapid SQL, Toad for Oracle & DB2, MS SharePoint, Access, Project, Visio & LiveMeeting.
Web Application Designer, Developer (Consultant)
Wachovia Wealth Management, Charlotte, NC 1/04- 2/05
Re-designed the interfaces, application framework and shared navigation components for the Wealth Management web portal. Rewrote several legacy systems using .NET C# and Oracle 9i, including an insurance policy management app used by Trust Centers throughout the southeastern U.S to manage accounts and policies.
Web Application Designer, Developer, Analyst (Consultant)
Bank of America, Charlotte, NC 8/02- 1/04
ATM Management Designer, Developer, Business Analyst 10/03-1/04
Produced a .NET workflow application to coordinate installations, upgrades and removals.
CREST System Designer, Developer, Training Coordinator, 8/02-10/03
Developed an intranet-based frontend for the Customer Relationship Enrichment System, a multi-million dollar relationship deepening reporting tool serving over 14,000 associates.
Web Application Designer, Developer (Free-lance)
Libby Hill Seafood, Inc., Greensboro, NC 4/01-9/03
Designed and developed a system for the restaurants to order from the warehouse, the company’s web site and content management system.
Web Application Developer (Consultant)
First Union Capital Management Group, Charlotte, NC 9/01-8/02
Designed and produced interfaces for several internal imaging and workflow applications.
Web Administrator, Project Manager, Associate Vice President
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 5/99-6/01
Established and managed the UF Web Administration team, which worked closely with the Office of Public Relations, the CIO and the General Counsel to build and implement a multi-generational implementation plan for the university’s web presence. Responsibilities included assembling and leading project teams with as many as three full time and five part time designers, coders and content coordinators. Projects included:
· Redesigned the UF home page, ranked a top college site by MSN in Nov 2000, and the UF Virtual Tour, a CampusTours.com Four Star Award winner in March 2002.
· Implemented an award winning FAQ knowledgebase to route e-mailed inquiries to the university, reducing the volume of misdirected e-mail over 60% in the first month.
· Created the one of the university RSS news channel for use on PDAs.
· Established campus Web policies and standards, Web management roles for campus departments, and a university Web policy oversight group.
Skills & Products Used: Project management, Status Reporting/Delivery, Communication and Relationship Management, Developing Governance Organizations, Customer Experience, Policies & Standards Implementation
UF College of Journalism and Communications, Gainesville, FL 9/97-9/98
Master of Arts in Mass Communication, Focus in Electronic Media
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 8/96 - 5/99
Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in English, Pre-Law
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 8/90 - 5/94
HONORS & AWARDS
· Promoted to Senior Service Delivery Manager at Bank of America 2013
· Appointed Communications Chair, Hawthorne Lane United Methodist Church 2012-2014
· Promoted to the title of Vice President at Wells Fargo Advisors 2010
· President of the Plaza Midwood Neighborhood Association 2006-07
· Received 6 awards for customer service while with Wachovia Securities 2005-10
· UF Golden Gator Award for Technical Innovation for “Ask UF” 2001
· UF Golden Gator Director's Choice Award for Excellence in Communications 2000
· University of Florida Outstanding Student Presidential Recognition Award 1998
· East Carolina University Academic Order of Omega 1993
· National Art Honor Society 1990